FORUUM

Vacuum Music Foruum / I HAVE THE ALBUM>>>>>Hurrah
You are not logged in.
You can take part in Vacuum fans megacollage

Home | Foruumists list | Rules | Register | Login
Vacuum Music Foruum » Vacuum discussion » I HAVE THE ALBUM>>>>>Hurrah Topic closed
Author
Message Pages:  1 2
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
yes its true I am sitting here full of excitement as I was lucky enough to be sent a copy of the recently pressed album... It feels just so good to hold it here in my hands at last... needless to say... It is STUNNING.... beautifully presented in a gatefold edition that opens out to reveal a very elegent booklet with lyrics and photos.... and nestling at the bck the jewel... the cd all shadowy and matt finished with a Crucifixion posed Mattias framed in the shadows.... the packaging adds to the mysterious feel... as all the photos are in half light and shadowy darkness.... set against stark white glossy pages that contain the lyrics and extra test by Mattias...... Your whole life HAS been leading up to THIS..... and the music.... well............................... :lovevac:

David xx

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

09-09-2004 14:13

David Haglund
Sacred Vacuumist
Me too! Nice to see it all come together as a whole. I agree that the quality of this package really stands out among other releases. Really classy and cool. The only trouble is that I wouldn't dare lending it to friends since I'd be afraid to damage the nice paper digipack.

10-09-2004 04:10

Brute
Gillespie
I’ve heard “Your Whole Life Is leading up to this”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow! There aren’t enough words to describe that feeling… It’s something unbelievable. It’s not just music; it’s a vibration of the soul.  But most amazing for me is the feeling of the resonance inside of me. Millions and Billions of emotions, images, different feelings… This Album is a borderless space which will change your own world. I haven’t heard something like that before, absolutely not ordinary music full of great thoughts, like a field of fairy flowers, all of them are different, but they all are beautiful, each of them are source of incredible energy. Every cell of your body is feeling power of this high creation, creation which will change our worlds.  Every song, every word and every sound is more than just a life. I’ve understood that my live was leading up to hear this album, and the rest of my live is to understand it completely.

Last edited by Brute (03-10-2004 15:54)

(C)Silent Hill

03-10-2004 15:37
Алекс
Mr. Belarus
This album ias great, i agree! It full of emotions(but not always positive) and feellings of creators! It's wonderful!

04-10-2004 02:37
E-mail | Website  
Breathe
Extreme Vacuumist
I'm off to dad tihis week-end, so mabye... I'll have it too?

please, don't give me any bad news, this week suck.

and I'm all jealous on you.

this is pointless... -depressed- :wall:  :silent:

---
I HAVE IT!!! I'M INLOVE!!! (but  I was before too so, yeah...) and dad payed! that was nice of him,
dad's rock! -sings, Your whole life is leading up to this...-
oooh, the happiness, sure I missed the interview, but to hell with that, I'll hear it anyway, somehow...

Last edited by Breathe (10-10-2004 08:17)

Unforgiven - BLOOD

06-10-2004 15:56

Алекс
Mr. Belarus
Надеясь, что наша уважаемый администратор переведет мой пост, возьму на себя смелость выразить свои ощущения после прослушивания альбома "Your Whole Life Is Leading Up To This" - первой серьезной студийной концептуальной работы коллектива без участия Александра Барда, можно даже сказать так - дебютного альбома new-Vacuum.Начну по порядку
Your Whole Life Is Leading Up To This - после вступления одноименная композиция является довольно мощным началом и представляет собой компиляцию музыки Vacuum и зажигательного русского народного поп-хита всех времен и народов - " Sex Bomb" мистера Тома Джонса :)
They Do It - довольно концептуальный переход и в то же время экперимент, записанный в дуэте с вокалистом шведской группы Dive - К. Линдером. Мистическая вещь, пронзющая глубины сознания бросающая музыкальные ассоциации с Army Of Lovers до Yello.
Mind Your Mind - пожалуй, самая яркая и потрясающая вещь альбома, вызывающая определенные ассоциации с двумя Бардовско-Волльбековскими  хитами - Power и Chant Like A Mantra, однако спетыми совершенно в другом ключе с совершенно магнетическим мистическо-психологическим текстом. Супер!
The Void - Parallel Universe этого альбома, правда, при прослушивании возникают ощущения не летящего через гиперпереходы космического корабля, а мчащегося в снежной ночи по неосвещенной дороге автомобиля(думаю, автолюбители меня поймут, что я хочу сказать). Правда, на мой взгляд, интонации Маттиас в этой песне расставляет не совсем верно.
In The Dirt - опять же одна из ярчайших песен данного альбома. Трагическо-пафосный псевдорок в стиле Агты Кристи(Aghata Christy - famous russian rock band) Полна пронзительной боли и сомнений. Слишком эмоционально для Vacuum, но, безусловно, очень хороша.
Love Earth Cry - после столь напряженного начала уши начинают отдыхать. Нежнейшая баллада, очень красоива, на мой взгляд, именно этого не хватала Vacuum времен Александра Барда, сейчас этот пробел восполнен. второй дуэт альбома, неизвестная мне женщина-вокалист порой почти перекывает голос почти шепчущего здесь Маттиаса.
Something Evil I Love - загадочно-мистическая "черная" песня. Хороши вокальные эксперименты, однако, на мой взгляд, маттиасу стоило бы петь нимножко пониже.
Sea Of Silense - опять же, полная пронзительной боли прекрасная песня слишком эмоциональна для Vacuum. Сильные ассоциации с Depeche Mode, как по стилю исполнения, так и по многим композиторским приемам, например, в конце песни сильная ассоциация с Condemation.
A Shallow Heart - неплохая инструментальная композиция, опять же асооциирующая с инструменталками DM. Воо бще, в данном альбоме очень чувствуется влияние данного коллектива на Vacuum, даже само построение альбома сделано по принципу альбомов DM
Queen, Fools like Me                         - об этих композициях здесь уже столько говорили, чито останавливаться на них не буду.
Dead - полурэп а ля Vacuum. Довольно потенциально красивая композиция откровенно разочаровывает неправильным построением и отсутствием полноценных куплетов. Странная вещь
Temporary Solution - начав за здравие, группа заканчивает за упокой. Второе большое разочарование. Довольно слабенькая аранжировка, никакой вокал. Такое впечатление, что группа написала ее в довесок к альбому, закрывая дыры. А жаль - в конце столь концептуального альбома по идее должна находиться  сильная композиция, подводящая итог альбома.
Но, в общем, у меня очень положительные эмоции от альбома. Я надеюсь, что следующий не заставит себя долго ждать:)

12-10-2004 10:41
E-mail | Website  
Vacuum Music
Zvirushko
There's the translation of Alex review about Your Whole Life, which you can see above :)

My feelings after the listening to the album "Your Whole Life Is Leading Up To This" - the first serious studio conceptual work of Vacuum without Alexander Bard's participation, or I would say, the debut album of new-Vacuum:

1. Your Whole Life Is Leading Up To This - after the beginning this song is a quite powerful start and supposed to be the compilation of Vacuum music with bombastic pop-hit "Sex Bomb" by Tom Jones.
2. They Do It - this is quite conceptual move and a kind of experiment in the same time, which was recorded as the duo with Dive vocalist K. Linder. A mystic thing, piercing the depths of consciousness and calling the associations from Army Of Lovers to Yello.
3. Mind Your Mind - probably, the most bright and incredible song in the album, calling some associations with 2 Bard-Wollbeck's hits "Power" and "Chant Like A Mantra", however, singing in absolutely another key with absolutely magnetic, mystical and psychological text. Super!
4. The Void - This is the "Parallel Universe" of this album. Though while the listening to the song there's no the feeling of the starship, flying thorough the hyperspace, but the feeling of the car, driving along the dark road in the night (I think, car drivers will understand, what I want to say). But in my humble opinion, Mattias arranges his intonations not in the right way in this song.
5. In The Dirt - Again, one of the brightest songs of the new album. Tragic and spiritual pseudo-rock in "Agatha Christy" style ("Agatha Christy" is famous Russian rock band, not the famous detective writer :)). It's full of piercing pain and doubts. Probably too emotional for Vacuum, but, of course, very good song.
6. Love Earth Cry - After such a big tensity of the album beginning my ears starts to rest. The gentlest ballad, very beautiful one. IMHO, it was not enough in the Vacuum of Alexander Bard times. And now this free space is filled. The second duo of the album, and the woman-vocalist (whom I don't know) sometimes almost covers the voice of Mattias whispering here.
7. Something Evil I Love - Secretly mystical "black" song. There are good vocal experiments inside, but in my opinion Mattias should sing a little lower here.
8. Sea of Silence - again, the song is full of the piercing pain, a beautiful song, and too emotional for Vacuum. It calls the strong associations with Depeche Mode in the style of performing and in many composer's tricks. For example, there is a strong association with Condemnation in the end of the song.
9. A Shallow Heart - not bad instrumental composition,  again associating with the instrumental things of Depeche Mode. In general, there's strong influence of this band to the Vacuum in this album. Even the construction of the album has been made with Depeche Mode albums principle.
Fools Like Me and Queen - There was said too much about these songs on the Foruum, so I will not write about them again.
13. Dead - a half-rap a la Vacuum. Quite beautiful song absolutely disappoints with the wrong constriction and the absence of the full couplets. Strange thing.
14. Temporary Solution - Starting on a merry note, Vacuum finished on a sad one. The second big disappointment. Quite weak arrangement, nothing in the vocal part. I have the impression, that the band recorded it as the makeweight for the album to cover the holes. It's a pity - there should be very strong song in the end of such a conceptual album.
But in general I have very positive emotions after the album listening. I hope, that the next album will not make us to wait too long.

12-10-2004 17:30
Website  
Алекс
Mr. Belarus
To Vacuum-music: Thank you very much for the translation.I am enraptured

13-10-2004 03:08
E-mail | Website  
Brute
Gillespie
‘cos of the serious health problem I can’t post full message now.
But when I’ve read Alex’s post I was shocked, so I can’t keep silence.
There isn’t any connection with style of Alexander Bard. No Army of Lovers, no BWO.(Thanks God!)  It’s completely fresh, new, modern and original style. YWLILUTT is perfect masterpiece of today’s music. Every song is perfection of songwriting and composing, about the ending of album (“Dead” and “Temporary Solution”) I’ll tell more exactly.
“Dead” – is originally song in style of technical industrial with electro-gothic reflection.  The lyrics are laconic with great and deep meaning. I can name it as “black pearl” of this album; it breaks all stereotypes connected with word “Vacuum”, exactly this song attracts a lot of other people to listen whole album. “Dead” is the successful experiment of Vacuum.
“Temporary Solution” is worthy point of the album. Full of mysterious sorrow of farewell. This song calls wish to listen album once more.
(All written above is IMHO)

Last edited by Brute (14-10-2004 06:38)

(C)Silent Hill

13-10-2004 08:53
Алекс
Mr. Belarus
Yes, of course, there is just MY opinion in my post above, nothing more. The way I see this album.
2Brute: I wish you good health!

Last edited by Алекс (13-10-2004 09:58)

13-10-2004 09:57
E-mail | Website  
Marina
Shining Vacuumist

Алекс wrote:

Yes, of course, there is just MY opinion in my post above, nothing more. The way I see this album.

It is very good, that you have added, that it only your opinion. When I have read your message, at me the sensation has appeared, that you have a personal hostility to group Vacuum. But now I am quiet. I see, that you do not try to anybody to impose the point of view, and speak only for yourself. Thank for your opinion.
2Brute: Выздоравливай! Слушай Вакуум, он лечит быстрее врачей :-) Мы с тобой!  :grouphug:

Last edited by Marina (13-10-2004 13:26)

13-10-2004 13:19

Brute
Gillespie
Thanks for kind words, it's true

(C)Silent Hill

13-10-2004 13:38
Алекс
Mr. Belarus

Marina wrote:

When I have read your message, at me the sensation has appeared, that you have a personal hostility to group Vacuum.

Where you found it? :bigeyes:  :bigeyes:  :bigeyes:
I was always use words "my feelings","in my humble opinion","IMHO"...

Last edited by Алекс (14-10-2004 03:17)

14-10-2004 03:16
E-mail | Website  
Brute
Gillespie
As a little addition to my previous post I can say that new album shows unlimited abilities of Mattias’ vocal, as a clear fact...

(C)Silent Hill

14-10-2004 03:54
nukleopatra
The Sacred One
Sorry also that you have ben unwell Brute.... Get well soon my friend :grouphug:    regarding the album we all have our own opinions and the freedom to express them so I hope we dont start attacking each other again for the fact that we are all different.. I will add my own personal review of the album to this thread later.... :flower:

David x

with the children who play with tomorrow TODAY....

14-10-2004 05:16

Pages:  1 2   Topic closed
Jump to

return to the main page
close this window